Many of the problems in our world today are due to men failing to protect women and their families. We are comfortable in our sin and do not love others enough to help them as they struggle with their sin. What do you turn to in times of struggle/stress and where does your hope/relief lie: money, career, alcohol, technology, lust, food, acceptance. Is God at the center of your life or are you prideful in solving life’s issues? I often fail. I am weak and fearful that I am Adam not protecting Eve in the garden.
“So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, ‘I am rich and affluent and have no need of anything,’ and yet do not realize that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.” Revelation 3:16-17
It is time for you/us to BE A MAN. Hard times create strong men and the Church has had a plan during good times to prevent hard times. It is time to build your spiritual muscle. Iron sharpens iron.
IHM Men’s Ministry challenges all men to protect their families and make a spiritual exercise plan. Here are some spiritual exercises. Please fall on your knees, humble yourself, pray and determine what God is calling you to do. After your prayer, be aware, God will send you a brother to help you on your journey.
- Men’s Ministry – Friday Morning That Man Is You program
- A new year start this Friday, January 20th
- Program is from 6:30-7:30, with breakfast available at 6:00
- Show up at any point during the year
- Take Back Sunday
- Lead your family to Mass, invite others and then plan a joyful day with your family
- Fast every Friday…. or fast from what you place before God in your life
- “Fasting cleanses the soul, raises the mind, subjects one’s flesh to the spirit, renders the heart contrite and humble, scatters the clouds of concupiscence, quenches the fire of lust, kindles the true light of chastity.” -St. Thomas Aquinas
- Lead your family to confession once a month
- Eucharist Adoration
- Look at your calendar for the week. Can you add to your calendar at least 15-30 minutes a week for Eucharistic Adoration? YES. Schedule the time now.
- Read Scripture and Pray
- Wake up every morning (or before you go to bed) read scripture and pray
- The greatest way to create and maintain a relationship with anyone, including God, is through communication, and we use prayer to communicate with God.