Immaculate Heart of Mary School, immersed in the teachings of the Catholic Church, is dedicated to providing excellent spiritual and academic formation in the development of well-rounded individuals centered in Christ.
Profile of an Immaculate Heart of Mary School Graduate
Graduates of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School, supported by their parents, teachers, and friends, will strive to become models of their faith, excel academically, bolster the community, and foster an exemplary character. In doing so, they will:
- Exhibit a knowledge and understanding of their Catholic faith and develop the ability to articulate and defend the Church’s origin, mission, and structure.
- Strive for a deepened sense of spirituality and a rightly-formed conscience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of the life of Christ, the role of Mary in the Church, and the central role of God in human life.
- Communicate with God using various methods of prayer in their daily lives so as to deepen their spiritual selves.
- Regularly attend Mass and participate in the sacraments.
- Express themselves clearly in speaking and writing.
- Think creatively and independently.
- Love reading and learning and remain intellectually curious.
- Master all content areas and be well-prepared for high school.
- Excel academically to the best of their ability.
- Develop multiple interests as a well-rounded student.
- Integrate technology into their daily lives.
- Master organizational skills and decrease test anxiety.
- Express themselves artistically.
- Promote community spirit, service, pride, and patriotism.
- Appreciate individual differences.
- Practice good stewardship.
- Exhibit an awareness and empathy for the less fortunate and perform acts of charity.
- Care about and respect the created universe, life, and the natural environment.
- Be respectful of others and take pride in their personal appearance, family, and school.
- Take responsibility for their words and actions, accepting consequences without blaming others.
- Develop skills to become confident, independent, positive role models and agents of positive change, standing up to peer pressure.
- Exhibit integrity, honesty, and confidence.
- Maintain a sense of self-worth and a positive attitude in their personal lives.
- Appreciate their bodies and remain physically fit.
- Act with dignity, kindness, consideration, and truthfulness.
- Participate in extracurricular activities and exhibit good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Develop basic life skills, social etiquette, and the ability to adapt to social change.