For more information
Please contact Sandy Lowery 942-6756
Upcoming Respect Life Activities:
40 Days for Life –
THe Fall campaign for 40 Days for Life will take place from September 25 – November 3, 2019 from 7 AM until 7 PM each day. IHM will pray on Thursday, October 17, 2019. Would you be willing to pray for one hour to end abortion? 40 Days for Life is a pro-life effort that consists of 40 days of praying, fasting, and holding a peaceful vigil in front of an abortion clinic. IHM will pray in front of Heritage Clinic for Women at 320 E. Fulton St in Grand Rapids Thursday October 17th. Sign up sheets will be in the Narthex or Adoration Chapel or register online. Below are instructions to register online:
To register online to pray:
- Visit www.40daysforlife.com/
- Log in to your account … or … create a login.
- Click the green “Add Vigil Hours” box.
- Click on the day you want to pray at the peaceful vigil.
- Click on the hour you want to pray.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- All done!
A reminder will be sent to you via e-mail before your prayer time.
Thank you for praying to end abortion. God bless you for standing up for life! Call or email questions to Sandy Lowery 616-942-6756, email@example.com
Sidewalk Prayer chain – IHM prays on the sidewalk year round on the second Wednesday of each month from 8:00 am – noon. Sign-up sheets will be in the Narthex and Adoration chapel. The Clinic is located at 320 Fulton St and is especially busy on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings, so stop by anytime and pray for life from the sidewalk.
“Whatever is opposed to life itself, such as any type of murder, genocide, abortion, euthanasia, or wilful self-destruction, whatever violates the integrity of the human person, such as mutilation, torments inflicted on body or mind, attempts to coerce the will itself; whatever insults human dignity, such as subhuman living conditions, arbitrary imprisonment, deportation, slavery, prostitution, the selling of women and children; as well as disgraceful working conditions, where people are treated as mere instruments of gain rather than as free and responsible persons; all these things and others like them are infamies indeed. They poison human society, and they do more harm to those who practice them than those who suffer from the injury. Moreover, they are a supreme dishonor to the Creator.” [Ioannes Paulus PP. II, Evangelium Vitae, pp 3, quoting Gaudium et Spes, 22.](emphasis added).
Our Mission is to honor and protect LIFE from conception to natural death and to provide information and education so all will embrace this Christian mission. We encourage you to join us in this very important ministry. There are no application forms or tests, but we will appreciate your desire to make a difference and any energies you can offer to help us honor the sanctity of LIFE. Our Committee meets once a month from 7-8 PM in the Hearts Room, September through June. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply attend one of our meetings.
Respect Life Events and Activities
- Silent Prayer & Candle Vigil to Protest Roe v Wade
- Right to Life Bike & Hike
- Life Prayer Chain
- 40 Days for Life
- Focus on Life Dinner
- Healing Mass for the loss of a Child
Diocesan Pro Life Committee
Bus Trip to March for LIFE in Washington, D.C.
We have collected information about organizations and charities that serve our community on a variety of life issues.
Advocacy and Educational Resources:
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources:
- Alpha Women’s Center of Grand Rapids
- HELP Pregnancy Crisis Aid – HELP Pregnancy Crisis Aid, Inc. is a Catholic, non-profit organization which is dedicated to helping pregnant women, regardless of faith, origin or background, carry their babies to term by offering them support and alternatives to abortion. A wonderful pregnancy resource center.
- St. Mary’s Pregnancy Center – A charity dedicated to assisting pregnant women with practical and emotional support, including supplies, clothing, and help finding medical, legal, educational, counseling, financial and social assistance.
Committee Minutes and Policies
This section contains links to various source documents and sites collecting the Church’s teaching on life issues.
- Evangelium Vitae
- Papal Encyclical “The Gospel of Life” by Pope John Paul II. In this encyclical, Pope John Paul II addresses each of the main life issues confronting modern society.
Are you a blogger? Have a pro-life website? Help spread the word about defending conscience rights in health care. Click here to capture HTML code for new animated ads from the USCCB’s Pro-Life Secretariat!
her car to the end of the driveway next to me. Her window was rolled down
and she listened to my few words. “Would you be interested in taking this
material? I’m not sure why you came, but I would love to help you in any
way possible.” She told me she really didn’t know what she wanted. “You
haven’t made up your mind have you? Would you be interested in a free
ultrasound? I can call the pregnancy center right now and help you
schedule one if you want me to.”*
previous week she had tried to set up an ultrasound, but the “pregnancy”
clinic she called was going to charge her $100. They wouldn’t even take
insurance. Discouraged, she had come to pick up her 24-hour consent form
for an abortion.*
provided immediate care to this dear woman and her unborn child.