The weekends of January 17, 24, and 31, IHM will be holding a drive collecting basic baby supplies for Help Pregnancy Crisis Aid. The supplies can be dropped off in the pack n’ play provided at any time during the drive.
The most needed supplies are:
Diapers (Larger sizes especially)
Bottles, pacifiers & sippy cups
Bibs & burp cloths
Onesies for boys & girls: Sizes large & extra large
Blankets, baby towels & washcloths
Socks & shoes
Clothing for boys & girls: Sizes newborn to 4T
Sleepers for boys & girls: Sizes newborn to 4T
Please click on each link to see the schedule and sign ups for the Zoom links when available:
IHM Youth Ministry is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: EDGE: Online Maria: Mater Mea
Time: Jan 13, 2021 07:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 492 901 1920
UPDATE FOR DEC. 15 – BISHOP WALKOWIAK EXTENDS DISPENSATION FROM THE OBLIGATION TO ATTEND SUNDAY MASS THROUGH ASH WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2021.
Bishop Walkowiak has extended the dispensation for all Catholics within the territory of the Diocese of Grand Rapids from their obligation of attending Sunday Mass through Ash Wednesday, Feb. 17.
- Public Masses and the celebration of the sacraments continue with the appropriate COVID-19 mitigation strategies (English | Español) in place. Those who are able to attend Mass should return, remembering that our physical presence at the Eucharistic table is irreplaceable. These mitigation strategies need to be followed to ensure public Masses remain available.
- This dispensation is granted broadly to ensure that anyone who needs to stay home can do so in good conscience. If you are homebound, please contact your parish to inquire about the ability to have Communion brought to you.
- While this dispensation is in effect, all baptized Catholics are reminded of their obligation to keep the Lord’s Day holy. Mass from the Cathedral of Saint Andrew will continue to be televised Sundays at 10 a.m. on FOX 17 and livestreamed on the diocesan website and Facebook page.
The overwhelming generosity of the parish in sharing their blessings by an outpouring of gifts and toys to the Catholic Charities of West Michigan was AWESOME! Thank you to all who contributed. The gifts were picked up on Monday, December 7th and delivered to CCWM so the foster families there may “shop” for each of their children and pick out the right gift. We are still collecting gift cards from Meijer in any amount to supplement the needs an IHM family may have throughout the year. Thank you all for spreading the JOY!
IHM Men’s Ministry will return Friday mornings starting September 18th. Fridays will look a bit different with the reality of COVID-19 in our world, but men’s ministry is committed to ensuring that we continue to help grow the faith in the men at IHM. Along with meeting in the deMazenod room, we also offer zoom meetings from home. Meetings in deMazenod on hold till December 11th due to limit on indoor gatherings!
This year promises to be as engaging and challenging as the last with several different speakers focusing on “The Fight of Faith”.
Join Zoom Meeting by clicking link below:
Meeting ID: 468 866 1751
- 6:15 – Login and Whole Group Prayer
- 6:30 – Video
- 7:00 – Small groups – Zoom breakouts
- 7:25-7:30 – Whole Wrap Up
Our current directives and guidelines, issued on May 19, remain in effect:
For our region, Region 2, indoor gatherings remain capped at 10 people.
Diocesan guidelines cap outdoor parish programming at 25 people.
- Churches are permitted to seat up to 25% capacity for Mass and for the celebration of sacraments (e.g. baptism, wedding, funeral)
- Masks or appropriate equivalent facial coverings MUST be worn by all participants 2 years and older per guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Social distancing MUST occur. Only people living in the same household may sit together. All others should remain 6 feet away in every direction from another individual who is not a member of their household.
Parish programming (non-Mass) may take place under the following guidelines:
- Outdoor gatherings are to be limited to 25 people or fewer. Masks are encouraged outdoors but not required if social distancing can be maintained.
- Indoor gatherings are to adhere to the limit set by the current executive order of 10 people or less. Masks are required.
* Food may be provided if served and packaged individually; buffet lines and other sources of communal food are prohibited.
* An adult should keep a sign-in sheet of all attendees to assist with contact tracing should the need arise.
* Proper social distancing needs to be maintained at all times.
Should conditions necessitate a change to our directives and guidelines, those changes will be communicated to you via our website.
If you have a smartphone, simply text the word IHM to the number 200-6070 and you will receive a text with links to the current weeks music aids and also a link to the weeks bulletin.
Tutorial Video is below: