About IHM School Child Care Center
The IHM School Child Care Center serves Immaculate Heart of Mary School families seeking a fun, safe, structured environment for their children before school, during the school day, and/or after school. The IHM Child Care Center is located in the center room of the Early Childhood Building. The Early Childhood playground is used daily (weather permitting) and the larger school playground is used on occasion.
We provide an atmosphere where children are encouraged to grow socially, creatively, emotionally, intellectually, spiritually and physically. Teacher-led and child-led activities include Story Time, reading, language games, dramatic play, creative arts, crafts, sensory exploration, experiments, Manipulatives and building, computer (for a limited amount of time), board games, and more. After school homework assistance is available if needed. The children play together indoors and outdoors. However, by 3:30, the children can alternate between indoor and outdoor play since more teachers are available to supervise both areas. When the weather is too harsh for outdoor play, we have Ping Pong, hopscotch, dancing, and bean bag toss, stilt cups, balloon play, obstacle courses and more. Please see the Parent Handbook for more information.
Director and Lead Teacher: Mrs. Lynda Davis
IHM Child Care Director (since 2008): Mrs. Lynda Davis
- IHM students must be registered and have all state required child care forms* completed prior to attending.
- Advanced notice of the student’s schedule is communicated to the director.
- Available 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. every day that IHM school is in session
- Child Care Registration Form
- Child Information Record (updates only required for returning students)
- Parental Written Statement Regarding the Health & Well-Being of Child
- Written Information Packet Documentation (This document must be signed after reading the Parent Handbook below or by requesting a hard copy.)
- Optional Sibling Release
- Annual Registration Fee: before April 17 – $10, after April 17 – $25
- Hourly Fee: $4/hour
- Late Fee: $10 after 6 p.m. for every 15 min. or portion thereof