IHM School is a fully accredited PreK through 8th-grade Catholic school founded on rigorous academics and on-fire spirituality!
We take pride in having the freedom to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ through Science, Technology, Religion, English/Reading, Arts and Math. None of this could be accomplished without the support and sacrifice of our families and parish family.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School employs the Disciples of Christ Virtues Curriculum whereby ALL staff brings the language of the VIRTUES into the classroom, playground, playing field, on report cards and in our discipline. The emphasis on virtuous behavior is our approach to both growing in holiness and in combating the trend of bullying.
- As in any family, we believe older students have a responsibility to set an example for younger students, and likewise, younger students learn to respect older ones.
- Accountability for our actions help us grow as students and disciples of Christ.
- Our 5th – 8th grade students are 1:1 with Chromebooks.
- IHM School has a 27-station Chromebox computer lab, 50 iPads, 2 wireless laser printers, 2 MacBook Air laptop computers, various learning/educational apps for iPads, PD for integrating iPads into classrooms
- We continue to monitor and improve our methods for servicing students who have special needs by utilizing Response to Intervention.
- IHM staff formed a task force to develop advanced science and language arts classes.
- Our school has a band and music teacher. Beginning Band and Junior high band classes perform as members of the larger, combined Catholic elementary school band three times a year.
- Our music teacher coordinates with the Parish Director of Liturgical Musical for the annual All-School Christmas Musical which incorporates drama into religious a musical program.
- IHM offers Art class, Computer class, Spanish, Gym, Library and music classes.
- Our sixth-, seventh-, and eighth-grade students regularly participate in the East Deanery “Rise Rally.” This event brings together the middle school aged children from six different Catholic schools to celebrate community and faith.
- A Parent-led Spiritual Growth Committee leads the Apostles of Divine Mercy Club where students regularly gather for lunch/recess to pray a Chaplet of Divine Mercy. The group is a feature on Holy Family Radio’s Fund Drive in October and May and performs works of mercy throughout the year!
- Teachers schedule religion classes to spend 30 minutes weekly in Eucharistic Adoration, with an impressive Youth Eucharistic Adoration (YEA) Program on Sunday nights.
- IHM School staff/faculty and coaches are trained and certified in CPR/AED.
- The IHM campus is a locked facility, with all personnel trained in emergency response.
- IHM School has a full-day Child Care Program to its offerings, open 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. for any child enrolled in preschool and older.
- IHM’s counselor, Sister Mary Paul Moller, offers individual student and family support on site, with assistance by her therapy dog “Pico.”
- Reading Enrichment, one-on-one tutors and a Resource teacher are all at the ready for students in need of assistance. Special accommodations for students may be made through the principal, teacher and testing personnel.