Congratulations on your engagement! We are here to answer any questions and assist you as you prepare your wedding. Please contact the parish office @ 241-4477 to begin the preparations for the Sacrament of Matrimony.
Some things to consider before you contact the parish office:
- The laws of the Catholic Church require that those entering into the Sacrament of Matrimony must be free to marry, understand the commitment they are making, and be able to fulfill the obligations that matrimony requires. The dioceses of Michigan require a minimum immediate preparation period of at least six months prior to the wedding date.
- A donation of $250.00 for a parishioner is required
- You are not required to be a parishioner. However, non-parishioners are required to make a donation of $1000.00
To be considered a parishioner,
- Have been attending Mass here regularly on Sundays and Holy Days.
- Have demonstrated a consistent pattern of participating within the life of the parish as well as contributing to the financial support of this parish.
Being part of a parish family is much like being part of a family. We gather together to support one another, attend to the needs of the parish, and celebrate together! We are excited that you are or would like to be a part of the family at Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish
Next Pre-Cana class at IHM is February 23rd and 24th, 2018. Contact the parish office for more information, 241-4477
- Friday, 6:15 to 9:45 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:15.a.m. to 6:15 p.m. (includes 5:15 Mass)
- Cost: $85 per couple
- Marriage Policy
- Scripture Readings
- Your Marriage Liturgy
- The Sacrament of Matrimony in the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Answers to General Questions about Catholic Weddings